Our *Ultimate Music Production Course was the finest all inclusive course of its kind. Crafted by industry professionals and music technology lecturers, It has just got bigger and better – now offering Grade 1 to 6 RSL Awards Music Production graded syllabus alongside it. Introducing the E&B and RSL Graded Syllabus – a course that offers unparalleled learning and unlimited opportunity for progression into music.
On completion of a Rockschool Music Production grade, every candidate will own a wealth of technical, practical and theoretical knowledge that they can apply to real-world scenarios – whether it’s in audio production, electronic music production, mixing, editing, mastering or sound for media.
* Important: please note that one third of this course (30 hrs of 90 hrs) is from the Ultimate Music Production Course, which some of you may have already taken. We have now partnered with RSL to make it bigger and better with accreditation and deeper learning. If you have any queries or have already completed/currently on the Ultimate Music Production Course and would like to upgrade to the E&B and RSL Graded Syllabus, please email us on [email protected].
A full learning programme that covers:
- 90 hrs of guided learning, spread over 42 weeks with and additional 10 weeks used for exam and course work preparation. We suggest dedicating a minimum of 5 hrs per week to the course, which will include guided learning and practice time to help embed the new knowledge
- Academic Grounding: built with academic grounding and industry relevance in mind
- The same grading, more teaching and learning you’d receive from expensive 1-2-1 tuition
- The Ultimate Music Production Course combined with the RSL Music Production Syllabus provides Beginner to advanced level learning
- No entry level requirements – helping you work towards higher education
- Software Agnostic: suitable for all music production software
- Flexible approach to learning
- Internationally recognised qualification
- Includes VIP Membership (worth £149.99) – *feedback on your music, discounts, E&B sounds library and much more
* Technical and A&R feedback on one track per month
- Includes Kilohearts Toolbox ULTIMATE for 1 year: Access to € 1190 worth of Kilohearts software including:
- Phase Plant – A highly customizable modular soft-synth for creating any sound imaginable.
- Modular hosts for building your own unique custom effects – Snap Heap (serial and parallel modular effects host), Multipass (a multiband modular effects host),
- Individual effect to use separately or as Snapins within the hosts – 3-Band EQ, Bitcrush, Chorus, Comb Filter, Compressor, Delay, Distortion, Dynamics, Ensemble, Filter, Flanger, Formant Filter, Frequency Shifter, Gain, Gate, Haas, Ladder Filter, Limiter, Phase Distortion, Phaser, Pitch Shifter, Resonator, Reverb, Reverser, Ring Mod, Stereo, Tape Stop, Trance Gate, Transient Shaper, and more being added.
Includes Slate Digital All Access Annual Pass for 1 year worth $149.00 including:
- Over $5,000 worth of Pro Plugins
- ANA 2 Wavetable & Sample Based Synthesizer with over 800 presets and custom samples
- Custom samples: Vintage drum machines, 808s, vocals, and more
- Every new plugin, synth pack, demo session, masterclass, and sample pack are FREE!
All of this is worth at least £3500, but as an introductory price:
Enrol now on our August 2021 cohort (Limited Spaces) for a one-off payment of £850
or £85 upfront and 9 further payments of £85 per month
This course has seen hundreds of students move from beginner level to educated producers in less than a year.
From desktop to dancefloor
Beginning with the grass roots of music production and the fundamentals of music, we have helped students turn into rounded, industry qualified musicians.
Led by experience
We not only teach production, but help with practical skills and how to apply them. Our students are given advice from industry experts on how to get their foot in the door and progress in their respective journeys to success.
A vital part of this course is the qualification from RSL Awards.
Depending on progressions of learning and formative assessment results collected over the duration of the course, you will be entered into one graded exam between 1 and 6.
Industry leaders with over 25 years experience in music education, we are proud to partner with RSL Awards and build the next generation of music producers. Technical, theoretical and practical units will ensure you are prepared for your examination which will mark the first step in your music production journey.
RSL Awards are industry leaders in education to build budding musicians into industry ready professionals
Every candidate will leave our course with a wealth of technical, practical and theoretical knowledge that they can apply to real-world scenarios – whether it’s in audio production, electronic music production, mixing, editing, mastering or sound for media.
Sign up below for our August 2021 cohort (Limited Spaces)
A flexible way to master music production
The course is built with the aim of providing a flexible, progressive mastery approach to the knowledge, skills and understanding you require for music production. By building this qualification into the course, students are offered motivation and incentive to continue their course through to the end.
With a regular stream of easy to understand, broken down educational content, we enable candidates to develop and enhance their skills at their own pace and work towards their achievements in their own time.
A creative hub for success
You will be part of a small group of learners who will be studying the same weekly topics at the same time as you, allowing the door to open for collaborations and support from your peers – not to mention being part of the much, much wider E&B community.
By collaborating with RSL Awards, we are the only online platform through which you can receive this industry recognised qualification. Coursework and examinations are conducted through digital means only, making the course the perfect choice for somebody looking to retrain in their spare time and move towards the music industry.
You will receive all of the skills you need during the course to make sure you are prepared for the final exam and ensure you leave with the qualification your hard work has earned. Your course content will cover all corners of the industry and is built to be applied on any DAW and within any genre.
This is about learning your craft and offering all the tools you need to apply it to your chosen platform.
For more info on RSL awards, look here.
At Grade 1 the theory content covered will include subject areas such as identifying studio hardware, physical audio formats, analogue connectivity, computer & digital technology, DAW basics, microphones, MIDI basics, basic audio technology and the fundamentals of mono & stereo sound.
At Grade 2 the theory content covered will include subject areas such as identifying studio hardware, digital file formats, digital connectivity, software components, DAW concepts & capabilities, microphones, non-linear editing concepts, EQ controls and hearing physiology.
At Grade 3 the theory content covered will include subject areas such as interpreting the functions of studio hardware, digital protocols, analogue connectivity, computer memory & storage, microphones, using loops, the MIDI protocol, dynamic processing and frequency.
At Grade 4 the theory content covered will include subject areas such as describing equipment controls, surround formats, wireless connectivity, backing up files, plugin concepts, stereo microphone techniques, non-linear editing, software instruments, side-chaining and sound propagation.
At Grade 5 the theory content covered will include subject areas such as signal routing, the Compact Disc format, patch bays, networking, file sharing, ambient microphone technique, multitrack recording, MIDI controllers, PCM theory and constructive interference.
At Grade 6 the theory content covered will include subject areas such as creative uses for studio hardware, lossy audio formats, balanced audio, cloud storage, plugins, multi microphone technique, automation, basic software synthesis, dynamic range and sound isolation.
Your content will be emailed to you weekly, and you can expect to learn about all of the following and much more:
Audio & MIDI Sequencing | Music Theory | Listening Skills | Genre Analysis & Production Techniques | FX | Sound Design | Synthesis | History of Electronic Music | Mixing & Mastering | Arrangements | Creative Kick Starts | Combating Writer’s Block | Sending Demos | Music Business | DJ Skills | Tech In Performance | Studio Skills | Sound Formats | Music Production Terminology.
Sign up below for our August 2021 cohort (Limited Spaces)
Education & Bass VIP Membership included
Alongside the 90 hours of course content delivered over 42 weeks, when signing up you will receive a year’s VIP access to Education & Bass, which you will get immediate access to. This means that you can pick and choose any extra content you wish to educate yourself with over the entirety of the course, and for 10 weeks after it finishes.
Whether you want to brush up on the history of your favourite genre, listen to how to combat writer’s block or learn from a professional about how to get your music signed – we have you covered.
Using your complimentary VIP membership, you will also be able to access all of the below:
Audio & MIDI Sequencing | DAW templates | E&B Forum | Label demo submissions | Feedback on music (1 per learner, per month)
| Radio/club support | Discounts on mentoring and mastering | Thousands of free samples from E&B Sounds | Music software/hardware discounts
Sign up now and start your path to success
We know the world is a busy place, but putting aside just a few hours a week can make that dream of learning a new skill a reality. Our course is the one stop shop to getting you ready for the world of music.
If you choose to sign up, one of our team will be in touch closer to the launch date of this cohort to book you in for a video call to go through the syllabus and answer any further questions you may have.
For more info and enquires please email: [email protected] or sign up below for our August 2021 cohort (Limited Spaces)
See you on the course and, most importantly, enjoy learning!
Need to know more?
Check out our FAQs below, or email us with your question.
Q: What level of education are the grades 1-8 an equivalent of in further and higher education?
A: RSL grades 1-8 are level 1-3 equivalent in Further Education. We are delivering up to a level 2 , but have plans to deliver grades 7 and 8 real soon, followed by diploma levels 4 and 6. However, the actual E&B side of the course (Ultimate Music Production Course) delivers from beginner to industry pro so in combination, a wealth of new knowledge for all levels. Below are the qualification titles and levels:
Level 1 Award in Music Production: Grade 1
Level 1 Award in Music Production: Grade 2
Level 1 Award in Music Production: Grade 3
Level 2 Certificate in Music Production: Grade 4
Level 2 Certificate in Music Production: Grade 5
Level 3 Certificate in Music Production: Grade 6
Level 3 Certificate in Music Production: Grade 7
Level 3 Certificate in Music Production: Grade 8
Q: What software and equipment will I need?
A: The course has been designed to be software agnostic, meaning any music DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) such as Logic, Ableton, Reason, Reaper, Pro Tool, FL, Bitwig and Cubase can all be used. As a student on this program, we provide free access to the Kilohearts Ultimate Bundle that includes a powerful synth and all of the creative effects and utility tools that you will need for 1 year. Headphones, a MIDI controller keyboard and an audio interface are also recommended, we will send info on very special discounts with some of our partners that can help with this, but it can be done on a small budget.